THE SOCIAL LEADER
Employees not actively engaged in Australia
Employees experiencing some form of stress at work
Australian Psychological Society, 2013
Employees stated they are productive for roughly ¼ of the working day
Clarius Group, 2014
For too long leaders have focused on results only (primarily analytical skills & problem-solving driven by a relentless focus on the technical & financial aspects of the business). This what they’ve been rewarded for. In the meantime, the tap has been leaking. Business has failed to capture the hearts and minds of its people.
There is a shift happening.
There is a restlessness within society that is having an impact on business.
Employees are fatigued – they want to work differently and they want to work for a business that is making an authentic contribution to the wellbeing of humanity, the wellbeing of the planet.
Leadership is now a process of social influence.
70% decisions are made by emotions, feelings, instinct
30% decisions are based on fact, rationale
- Are self-aware
- Care deeply about people
- Ask the right questions at the right time
- Are humble, authentic and genuine
- Hold outcome-focussed conversations
- Know how to coach on the fly
- Are connected, encourage connection
- Find the space to clear the mind
- Focus on one thing at a time
- Conserve energy, reduce waste and make everything simple
- Step back to make better decisions
- Want to have a positive impact on the world around us
Results leadership + Social leadership = Great leadership
Get in touch to find out more about leadership coaching, customised learning sessions or workshops